Wednesday, November 16, 2011

International Competition!

 The Niagara Falls Friendly is this weekend at the club here in Rochester. This will be my first international competition of the year. hehe. Friendly competition though.

 Every year our club and the Niagara Falls club play a friendly match and alternate between the clubs. Last year was my first time ever playing in Canada, and it is where I recorded my first win ever. I'll always be a little sentimental about curling in Niagara Falls. As a club though, we got our asses handed to us by the Canucks. And so we came back home with the ugly trophy. Hopefully it goes better for us this year on our home turf. If not, then at least we are now serving Strongbow Hard Cider at the club. Yum.



Interesting fact: According to the U.S.G.S. (United States Geological Survey) of Niagara Falls, it appears that almost 1/3 of the Canadian Falls lies within US Territory.


No comments:

Post a Comment