Friday, November 4, 2011

Thursday Night Roller Coaster

 Last nights match was wild. With a whole lot of factors leading to it, we lost. But it was still a fun game. It was fun because it was challenging. I had an awesome first end, personally, but after that I was just all over the place. C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y is something I lack, clearly. We all struggled last night, and we all are in various stages of some nasty cold or Flu that has been going around. But even if I was 100% healthy, I still struggle to be consistent. I can't do two things at once when I deliver; I can't maintain proper weight AND line together. And it's extremely frustrating. What do I need to do? Go down to the club early on a Saturday morning and do drills that only focus on one thing first, and get good at that one thing?? Then move on to the next type of drill?? I'm leaning towards that, especially doing line drills. Nothing frustrates more than when I'm too narrow. Too often my narrow rocks will curl into a dumb spot and just make a mess and clog things up. They then become useless rocks. It's almost better if I didn't throw them at all!

 Like I said, last night was still fun to play. I got a hell of a workout (SWEEEEP HAAAARD was all I seemed to hear from my skip), and because we all struggled a bit; the challenges made things interesting. We weren't totally out of it, until the last two ends. And at one point we even had a good start on a 8-ender. But we foolishly talked about it, and sure enough the next rock didn't even make it into the house. First Rule of the 8-ender: Never talk about the 8-ender!

 The Thursday night team intends to play in the Highland Games at our club in December; my only hope for that day is that we all healthy. Playing sick is rough. If we are all healthy, it should be a good day. If you want to curl in Rochester, form a team and come on out. We'd love to meet you; Slàinte.

No comments:

Post a Comment