Friday, February 25, 2011

Epic Win

 So, the thursday night league of the last draw started up last night. And once I got over how much of a sausage fest thursdays are...we played really well together. We won 9-3 in 6 ends. Pretty cool. The four of us fit in well with each other. My husband commented that everyone wants to be in the position they are in, so it works.

 I played all right. I did have a good takeout on my second rock of the night. I struggled a few times with my guard weight. The ice seemed to be moving VERY fast (yeah - blame the ice!) and I ended up throwing a few out the back of the house. Oh well. The other teams lead was having just as bad of a night as I was.

 Next time we practice, I want to fix my guard weight. I'm starting to think I never really had *it*. I just had "beginner weight" which at the time would sort of translate into guard weight. We'll see.

Tonight is open fun night again. And again I am going solo. Stupid hockey season tix, the husband already has plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment