Saturday, February 19, 2011

This is a big f$%&ing deal!

Gotta love Uncle Joe. Yes, last night I was Vice. VICE!! This was mostly because I had a little more experience than others on my team. I really liked playing with the guy who was our skip. He was very helpful in explaining what he wanted out of every shot he called. And he would walk through our options with me before he left to take his shots. At one point he asked ME what he should do...So I just had him repeat his last shot!! It was really all I could see. I was totally out of my element, but I hung in there all right. We lost, but it was close in every end. The other team had to fight for their points.

On a personal note, one of my best shots last night happened when I held my head up through the entire shot. haha. Funny how relying on your hand-eye coordination actually works for you!! I have this bad tendency to look down at the rock a lot during my shots. Maybe I should stop doing that... ;}

Tonight our Toronto travel team is getting together at the club. This is the first official practice for the Spring Thaw bonspiel at East York Curling Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment