Monday, March 28, 2011

All American Event

Tonight, I am changing things up a bit. Instead of playing in my regular Monday night league, I am subbing for someone in the Ladies All American Event at the club. Each year the US Women’s Curling Association offers event winner pins to each club hosting an internal women’s bonspiel. It consists of at least three games and must be played separately from the regular league play. All players enter individually as lead, second, vice or skip. The teams are then randomly picked so that every team is evenly matched. It will be held this year on the following Monday’s at 6pm. March 28th, April 4th and April 11th.

(If my Monday night drawmaster is reading this - fear not, Bob has a sub for our team tonight.)

 This will be my first time playing in a ladies only event, and I just wanted to try something different. I think my Monday night team can survive without me. hehe. Now, I know in reality I *could* have played in both games tonight, but...haha. I'm not that interested in winning a pin, I just wanted to try something different, and play with and against women I don't regularly see. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment