Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yet another weird Monday

 We won last night, 6-3 in 8 ends. But again, it was a little weird. Our Toronto travel team was a man down and playing with only three people is a little disorienting. I was really hoping we would have one last good game all together before this weekend. But you gotta be flexible, right? So we shuffled things around, and the person who usually threw 2nd was now our skip. He was excited to do it. But it took a little while to get used to his strategy. Dude LOVES throwing takeouts. It felt like that was all we were throwing. And since I'm not that comfortable with takeouts, I mostly sucked. The takeout strategy ended up working I guess, since we won. But like I said, it was all a little disorienting.

 I noticed I wasn't really that tired or sweaty since you don't really sweep that hard with takeouts, you mostly are just trying to keep up and stay ahead of the rock. And even though I was the only sweeper for 40 rocks, I wasn't tired at all. Weird.

 The thing I hate about these weird games, is that it screws with my head. I'm not that experienced yet to be good with flexibility. I haven't played that long to feel comfortable in ANY situtation. Ah well, gotta shake it off. What's done is done. I'm looking forward to Thursday where we'll have four playing, and it will feel more like a traditional game. I need that before we leave for Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment