Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ladies Night

 I got a win with the team I subbed on last night. It was fun, and I really appreciate playing with and against people I hardly see. Playing with women only is different from anything else I've played. I played decent. My guard weight was okay and I had 2 really good draws when for an end our Skip had to step out to take an important phone call and I got to throw three rocks. I was feeling pretty comfortable with my draw weight. I even managed a takeout or two. I also was a sweeping machine! I wore myself and my broom out. haha. I'm on the sub list for the next two weeks, and I hope to play again. Next week they are doing a potluck afterwards, so that should be fun. :)

 My regular Monday night team got a win without me. I'm happy they won. The team they played against was a good team. And my skip had some really good shots in the clutch again. I like playing with her, and she really helps the team stay in it.

 And it turns out we won the Monday night draw!! We beat the next team overall by 2 points. So, now Monday nights are over. Whew. Now we just have to focus on the next couple of Thursdays to keep the win streak going. It's not going to be easy, but I'm excited about the challenge.

 By the way, theres still room in the Rochester International Bonspiel on April 9th & 10th. Make a team, and sign up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment