Monday, March 14, 2011

The Utica Friendly was fun

 My team won our first game, lost our second one. Not bad, for me. My very first rock was a seriously sick draw around their and our guards. (I threw 2nd.) The whole first game I was doing really well. I had a couple of good takeouts as well. Our vice played extremely well. The two of us created some good points for our team. And since our skip struggled to manage his weight (the ice was running real fast again), the vice and I really helped our team. I even managed to execute a good takeout while almost completely wiping out on my delivery (after I let go of the rock, I did eventually wipe out). I got some applause from people in the warm room for that. The second game, we were all a little off. This time the ice was VERY slow. Our skip improved a bit more, but me and the vice struggled. We only lost by one point, but we failed to capitalize on getting ahead by 2 or 3 points in 2 different ends, and settled for one point in those ends instead.

 As a club, we got slaughtered. I believe my teams win was one of only 2 or 3 wins the RCC had. It was fun curling, though. And the people from Utica seemed to really enjoy themselves. The food was really good too, haha. Overall it was worth it. And I look forward to curling in Utica next year.

 Up next is the Spring Thaw bonspiel in Toronto this weekend. I'm actually starting to get a little nervous!! I know I'm going to be restless on the train ride up this Friday. Overall though, I'm excited.

2 comments:

  1. We disgraced the club. We allowed an entire bus full of Utica hair to thump us. I was utterly useless before lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys almost won your second game, didn't you?
    Maybe I did so well for my first game because I had over 11 hours of sleep!!

    ReplyDelete